Dean shares a few of Elvis Presley’s recipes: the basic Peanut Butter Banana Bacon Sandwich plus a “Idiot’s Gold Loaf” sandwich.
Basic Elvis “Peanut Butter Banana Bacon” Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (Peanut Butter & Co. Clean Operator or Crunch Time, for instance)
- 1/2 giant ripe banana, minimize lengthwise into 4 skinny items
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium warmth. Butter one facet of every slice of bread. Unfold peanut butter on the opposite facet of every slice of bread.
Place banana slices on high of the peanut butter. High with bacon slices and drizzle with honey. High with remaining slice of bread, buttered facet up.
Place sandwich on grill. Cook dinner till golden brown and crisp, about 3 minutes per facet. Take away to reducing board, minimize in half, and serve instantly.
Elvis Idiot’s Gold Loaf Sandwich
- An extended loaf of French bread or sourdough bread
- 16 oz jar of creamy peanut butter
- 16 oz jar of grape jelly/strawberry jam. The unique recipe makes use of blueberry preserves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons softened butter or margarine
- 1 pound thick Applewood smoked bacon or your favourite kind of bacon
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Reduce loaf in half lengthwise. Then scoop out a few of the additional bread within the center for every half, making a protracted loaf plate or canoe. Use clear palms.
Unfold margarine or butter on the underside and high of the massive bread slices, then place them on a baking sheet after which pop them within the oven for a couple of minutes, simply till the butter melts and is barely toasted.
Cook dinner bacon till crisp. Then place it on a plate with a paper towel to empty and dry.
As soon as the bacon is cooked, add the peanut butter jar to 1 facet and the jam/protect jar to the opposite facet.
Then add the entire pound of bacon.
Reduce and serve.
Recommend a repair