This hemp coronary heart oatmeal recipe is one of the best creamy keto-friendly porridge recipe to begin the day!
For those who’re bored with eggs for breakfast in your keto journey, do that keto maple pecan porridge recipe made with hemp hearts!
Bonus, the recipe additionally makes an amazing vegan keto breakfast, 100% egg-free and dairy-free.
You are most likely questioning why you utilize hemp hearts in porridge and never oatmeal. So let me reply all of your questions under.
Is porridge Keto?
No, common porridge just isn’t keto-friendly. A traditional porridge recipe is created from high-carb breakfast cereals, normally rolled oats or on the spot oats.
Though oats are a wholesome entire grain for many individuals, they don’t match right into a keto weight-reduction plan.
Oatmeal comprises 56 grams of web carbs per 100 grams, so a small quantity of this cereal will shortly spike your blood sugar and kick you out of ketosis.
To not point out the usually added sugars present in entire milk oatmeal recipes and sweeteners.
Can You Eat Porridge on a Keto Weight-reduction plan?
No, you can not eat an odd porridge recipe created from oats and milk. One serving of a traditional porridge recipe, 1/4 cup of cooked oatmeal in milk, comprises about 20 grams of web carbs.
It signifies that it reaches your day by day quantity of carbohydrates in a single meal.
Nonetheless, there are many choices for making keto-friendly porridge, utilizing keto flour, seeds, and nuts like keto coconut flour porridge or this keto oatmeal hemp coronary heart recipe.
How one can Make Keto Porridge
To make a creamy keto porridge recipe with an analogous oatmeal texture, you may want a mixture of some easy keto substances.
- Hemp hearts – additionally known as hemp seeds, unshelled works greatest.
- Floor golden flax meal – so as to add a sticky texture to your porridge. You need to use brown or golden floor flaxseed. Personally, I like golden flax meal as a result of it does not have a lot taste. Some individuals discover brown flax meal bitter and name it a fishy style, so I will not advocate this selection if you happen to’re new to Keto.
- Chia seeds – this provides a gooey, sticky oatmeal texture to this keto hemp coronary heart oatmeal recipe. You need to use white or black chia seeds. Each are the identical.
- Unsweetened shredded coconut – this provides a chewy texture, like oatmeal.
- Erythritol Add just a few drops of stevia to sweeten the porridge.
- Almond butter – peanut butter – this provides a creamy texture to your keto oatmeal recipe. Observe that almond butter is decrease in carbs and makes the recipe grain-free and paleo-friendly.
- Unsweetened almond milk or unsweetened coconut milk.
You possibly can play with the style and add many substances to your porridge, resembling:
- Vanilla extract – elective, nevertheless it provides a beautiful taste to the recipe.
- Floor cinnamon – elective, however cinnamon is a superb spice so as to add to a sugar-free weight-reduction plan as a result of it helps stabilize blood sugar ranges.
- MCT oil powder – mine as a touch of vanilla taste. It provides fats to my bowl and a beautiful vanilla taste.
- Protein powder – don’t add greater than 1 teaspoon, in any other case the recipe might be very dry, in any other case you’ll have to enhance the liquid within the recipe.
How do you serve your hemp coronary heart oatmeal?
It is a nice keto vegan breakfast recipe, scrumptious by itself or topped with just a few keto-approved toppings. My favourite choices are:
- Nuts – one of the best low-carb nuts on a ketogenic weight-reduction plan are pecans, macadamia, almonds and coconut. Chop 1 tablespoon of those nuts to make your bowl crunchy.
- Sugar-free syrup – I like maple flavored syrup with pecans or chocolate syrup with coconut.
- Keto fruits – resembling boysenberries, raspberries, blueberries.
Hemp Coronary heart Diet
Hemp hearts are full plant seeds that you could add to your keto weight-reduction plan.
They include only a few web carbs and loads of wholesome fat and proteins to maintain you full for a very long time.
Dietary profile hemp coronary heart for 3 tablespoons (30 grams) comprises:
- 166 kcal
- 1.4 grams of web carbs.
- 14.6 grams of fats and primarily wholesome poly/monounsaturated fats are good for you.
- 10 grams of protein.
- 1.2 grams of fiber.
Cooking hemp hearts like oatmeal
To cook dinner hemp porridge you do not want any fancy instruments like an Prompt Pot.
That is the simplest Keto breakfast recipe, ready in 3 minutes in a pan or 1 minute within the microwave. Let me share each choices under.
Hemp oatmeal within the pan
That is my favourite choice as a result of you may management the feel.
First, add all of the dry substances to a saucepan and stir nicely to mix. Then whisk within the liquid substances and place the pan on the range over medium warmth.
Stir repeatedly with a spoon till bubbles kind on the perimeters. Proceed cooking and stirring for 3-4 minutes. The seeds will soak up the liquid within the pan and thicken.
Lastly, if you happen to just like the oatmeal texture, place it in a bowl and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to steam out.
Stir all dry substances in a tall and large microwave-safe bowl. Whisk within the liquid and place the bowl within the heart of the microwave.
Microwave on excessive energy 800W for 1 minute. Take away the bowl from the microwave, stir, and in case your oatmeal is not dry sufficient, put it again within the microwave for 20 seconds till it reaches your favourite texture.
Sit for 2-3 minutes earlier than consuming and including the toppings.
Extra Keto Vegan Breakfast Choices
After all, a Keto egg-free breakfast doesn’t suggest consuming tofu for breakfast! It may be a lot extra enjoyable and sweeter.
Beneath I’ve listed my favourite vegan keto breakfast recipes so that you can attempt.
Made this keto porridge? Share a overview or remark under, or comply with me on Instagram to share a photograph of your creation with me in your insta story.
Hemp Coronary heart Oatmeal
A creamy keto oatmeal recipe made with hemp seeds, chia seeds, and coconut to begin the day with wholesome fats and nutritious protein.
Internet carbohydrates 4.1G
Egg white 23.2G
In regards to the writer
Hi there, I am Carine, the meals blogger, writer, recipe developer, printed writer of a cookbook and plenty of ebooks, and founding father of Candy As Honey.
I prefer to share all my simple and attractive recipes which can be each scrumptious and wholesome. My experience on this space comes from my background in chemistry and years of following a keto low-carb weight-reduction plan. However I’m additionally nicely versed in vegetarian and vegan cooking, as my husband is vegan.
I now eat a extra balanced weight-reduction plan, alternating between keto and a Mediterranean weight-reduction plan
Cooking and baking is my actual ardour. In truth, I solely share a small portion of my recipes on Candy As Honey. Most of them are eaten by my husband and my two children earlier than I’ve time to take footage!
All my recipes are examined no less than 3 times to verify they work and I delight myself on protecting them as correct as attainable.
Browse all my recipes with my Recipe Index.
I hope you discover the recipes you’re keen on on Candy As Honey too!