Few meals are less complicated and extra intently related to summer time than the American sizzling canine. There’s nothing unsuitable with the fundamentals of a frankfurter wearing mustard and relish, however contemplate profiting from Made In Oklahoma substances to brighten up your subsequent summer time barbecue.
For instance, strive sizzling canine from Made in Oklahoma corporations like Schwab’s and Bar-S, and even Mountain View Meat Firm’s sausage selection, which incorporates andouille sausage, smoked sausage, and cheddar-jalapeño sausage.
As for toppings, think about using issues like Seikel Mustard, JM Farms Mushrooms, Suan’s Pepper Relishes and Jellies, Head Nation BBQ Seasoning and Sauces.
Individuals additionally learn…
One of many hottest leisure traits is to create a charcuterie or relish board – a nifty array of charcuterie, cheeses, dried fruits, pickled greens and the like, a lot of which may be obtained with members of the MIO Coalition.
Lemonade and strawberries are traditional summer time flavors, coming collectively in a savory dessert infused with strawberry lemonade syrup.
For extra info on MIO Coalition members, together with the place to search out their merchandise: miocoalition.com.
Plate of sizzling canine
10 slices Bar-S thick reduce bacon
¼ cup Head Nation Bar-BQ Sauce
Jalapeño Cream Cheese Sauce:
1 package deal (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
¼ teaspoon Head Nation All-Objective Championship Seasoning
1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1. Wrap sizzling canine in bacon. Brush with Head Nation Sauce. Grill open air or in an indoor grill pan.
2. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and Head Nation seasoning till easy. Stir within the jalapeño.
3. Unfold Jalapeño Cream Cheese Sauce on buns. Prime buns with bacon-wrapped sizzling canine.
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon Sriracha crimson chilli sauce
½ cup Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Chili Relish
¹⁄³ cup finely diced carrots
¹⁄³ cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons Sriracha crimson chilli sauce
1. Mix rice vinegar, crimson chili sauce, sesame oil and sugar and blend properly. Style and alter seasonings, if wanted. Add Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Pepper Relish, carrots, cucumber and cilantro. Put apart.
2. To make the peanut sauce: Mix all substances, mixing till easy. Easy with extra soy sauce or vinegar, if wanted.
3. Place grilled sizzling canine or sausage in bun. Spoon the vegetable combination on high. Drizzle with peanut sauce, chopped cilantro and roasted peanuts.
5 Mountain View Meat Firm Polish Sausages
5 tablespoons Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold Previous Original Mustard
4 tablespoons Hiland salted butter
1 package deal (8 ounces) JM sliced mushrooms
¼ teaspoon freshly floor pepper
½ cup Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Onion Preserves
1. Grill Polish sausages, then unfold every of the 5 buns with 1 tablespoon Seikel mustard.
2. In a skillet, soften the butter over medium warmth. Add mushrooms, cook dinner till tender and decreased by half. Season with salt and pepper, stirring to mix. Add Suan’s Scotch Bonnet Onion Preserves to the mushrooms, stirring to mix.
3. Prime every Polish sausage with the mushroom combination.
Charcuterie board made in Oklahoma
Southern Roots Sisters Assorted Jams
Knight Creek Farms Pecans
Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold Previous Original Mustard
Mountain View Meat Firm Sausages
1. Decide how a lot you serve. Relying on the dimensions of the portion, select an ornamental plate, a small picket board or a big platter. For a crowd, cowl a desk or bar high with butcher paper.
2. Slice cheese and meat. Discover small containers and serving spoons to serve jams and mustard and so as to add curiosity to the platter.
3. Organize cheese, meat, nuts, fruit, jams and crackers nonetheless you want, including candy and savory bites so there’s one thing for everybody.
Southern Roots Sisters Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake
1 jar of Southern Roots Sisters Strawberry Lemonade Jam
½ cup chopped strawberries
1 container Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Combine lemon cake combine, eggs, vegetable oil and milk with mixer on medium velocity for 3 minutes. Pour the substances right into a 9 x 13 inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking. Sprinkle strawberries all around the high of the cake. They’ll dig into the cake because it bakes. Bake 35 minutes or till toothpick inserted in middle comes out clear.
2. Whereas the cake continues to be heat from the oven, take the again of a picket spoon and poke holes all around the cake, about 2 inches aside.
3. To organize the filling, pour ¾ of the jar of strawberry jam and lemonade right into a bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of sizzling water to the jam, stirring vigorously till mixed. Pour excessive of the cake in order that the liquid seeps into the holes. Let cool for 1 hour.
4. To make frosting, unfold container of whipped topping throughout cake. Drop a spoonful of the remaining strawberry lemonade jam over the whipped topping and stir with a knife. For those who favor, you possibly can combine the whipped topping and jam collectively in a bowl, then frost the cake. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Watch now: 5 issues to do that weekend