Lime tart. Photograph / offered.
ZM’s Georgia Burt selected this key lime pie as the final word Christmas dessert
When it got here to picking the dreamiest Christmas dessert, radio host Georgia Burt opted for a pie.
The ZM Jam Packed Workdays host has been given the tough process of selecting her final Christmas baking recipe, a part of a tasty on-air marketing campaign with Westgold to have a good time the festive season. His profitable creation? A raspberry and lime pie with a Mexican twist.
ZM listeners will know that Georgia has been busy sharing buttery Christmas recipes from Westgold every single day, inviting house bakers to textual content to win the final word baking package (every part from substances to cooking utensils, from utensils to serving platters), with one fortunate winner rewarded each day. .
This conventional American dessert, made with lime juice, sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks, was invented in Key West, Florida within the late nineteenth century.
Nonetheless, this model was improved by utilizing Westgold butter within the base and including a dollop of Tequila cream on high.
It is surprisingly fast and straightforward to arrange, with simply 20 minutes prep time and simply 30-40 minutes within the oven. It is also versatile – simply skip the Tequila cream from the highest for the youthful youngsters or choke it down fully and put it aside for the grown-ups!
So what’s the important thing to an awesome lime pie? It begins within the base, which needs to be constituted of good high quality butter. Skilled bakers swear by Westgold butter, made on the west coast of the South Island, beginning with grass-fed, free-range cows. It’s wealthy and stuffed with taste and can take your baking and cooking to the subsequent stage! In reality, for recipes the place butter is your star ingredient, like this butter dish, the flavour simply will not be the identical for those who use another butter.
This scrumptious dessert serves 8-10 individuals, so it is the proper sweetener after Christmas lunch (plus the tartness of the lime will uplift your style buds as soon as you’ve got gone by all that salad of ham, turkey and potatoes.) However it additionally makes an exquisite reward for that particular somebody you wish to butter!
Raspberry and lime tart with tequila cream
|100g||Westgold unsalted butter, unsalted|
|1 ½ cans||condensed milk (395g can)|
|¾ cup||contemporary lime juice|
|2 tablespoons||raspberry jam, sifted|
|2 teaspoons||icing sugar|
To make the background:
- Preheat the oven to 180 levels Celsius.
- Place the cookies in a meals processor and pulse till finely crumbled.
- Add the softened butter and pulse till nicely blended and beginning to clump collectively.
- Press the breadcrumbs down the edges and line the underside of a 23-24cm springform tart pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes till flippantly browned and crispy.
To make the filling:
- Decrease the oven temperature to 160 levels Celsius.
- Combine the condensed milk, zest (finely chopped) and lime juice.
- Stir in egg yolks till easy. Pour the filling into the baked cookie base.
- Place small dots of raspberry jam on high of the filling and use a skewer to unfold them out to create a swirling sample.
- Bake for 20-Half-hour. Pie is finished when it wobbles when gently shaken.
- Let cool and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours earlier than serving.
- Take away the pie from the pan onto a serving platter.
- Whip the cream and icing sugar collectively till thickened. Stir within the tequila.
- Place a bit cream in the course of the pie and serve the remaining in a bowl on the facet.
- Embellish with extra zest and contemporary raspberries. Serve.
Hear Georgia on ZM’s Jam Packed Labor Day to win the final word Westgold Butter #giftbaking package